Thursday, May 5, 2011

36 weeks!

So here we are at 36 weeks! I am unsure how this has happened, but it has finally come.  We had our 36 week appointment today where we had our last ultrasound to make sure the baby is in position, head down. Sophia had a hard time seeing the baby this time since they can't get a full picture of the baby because she is so big.  Everything checked out!! I have gained a total of 14 pounds (0 these last two weeks).  Other than my back pains that I have and a bit of ankle swelling, I am doing well. 

My next appointment is next Tuesday.  They will check the baby's heartbeat and measure my belly.  The exciting part is my mom will be going with me! She went to one other appointment when I was pregnant with Sophia.  Although the appointment is short and sweet, I know she enjoyed hearing the baby's heartbeat. 

Baby Sis is starting to feel more and more like an alien inside my belly.  She doesn't "kick" anymore, rather she makes my belly bulge in ways that I never thought it could.  It feels like waves and you can see her moving under my shirt.  

Just about everything is ready for Baby Sis to arrive.  We need to get the car seat installed after this weekend and my bag needs to be fully packed as well.  I think that is what I will be doing tomorrow and Saturday.  I know I don't need much, but it will make me feel better if I have it packed! 

I have a maternity photo shoot on Sunday morning as well as Sophia's 3 year pictures...yes, I said 3 year pictures. I am not sure how this has happened.  My baby is no longer a baby and I miss that! I am super excited to see how the pictures look when they are all done! I don't have many pictures of my pregnancy with Sophia as I lost my hard drive not long after we had her and didn't have that group of pictures backed up.  I will cherish these pictures forever!  

We are trying to prepare Sophia the best we can for what is going to happen in her life.  She understands that Momma is going to have a baby but she truly doesn't understand how much this will impact her life. She went to Big Sister class on Monday.  She got to put a diaper on George (Curious George), got to see a room like the one Momma will be staying in and got to see a real baby. She watched a movie and had juice and a cookie.  She also got her picture taken with the group that will be posted on the nursery window.  She will get to see her picture up there when we have Baby Sis.  We have also been talking about what it will be like when Momma is in the hospital.  She is aware that I will have to stay in the hospital for a couple days and that she will be staying with Grandpa and Grandma Maas.  Sophia will be able to come and visit whenever she wants and will also spend extra special time with both Momma and Daddy while we are in the hospital.  She has her Big Sister shirt ready!    

Well, it is way past my bed time (it's 9:30).  What can I say...I need my sleep! :) I am looking forward to updating you all very soon! Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment