Friday, June 10, 2011

Introducing Claire Alice...

So...it has been awhile since I wrote and it has been awhile since I actually had the baby, but I am now finally getting around to updating the blog.  Claire Alice was born after 21 hours of labor at 6:33 pm on June 2nd.  She was 6 pounds 10 ounces and 19 and 3/4 inches long.  We had a great stay in the hospital and have settled in well at home.  

Sophia is not sure what to think about Claire.  She tries to be a good helper, but often times gets upset when it isn't all about her.  Little does she know that she will love her little sister and always have a friend in the house! Sophia has her ups and downs, but I am sure she will adjust just fine.  

So everyone is asking about the name.  Claire is just a beautiful name with no connection to family or anything.  Alice is my grandmother's name (mom's mom) and is who I was named after.  She was an amazing woman and I wish that Joe would have been able to meet her before she passed away 7 1/2 years ago. Using her name as Claire's middle name is a perfect way to remember her. 

Now that Claire has been introduced, stay posted for updates on how life is going as a family of four. Check out the pictures of our mini-Sophia :)



1 comment:

  1. What beautiful little girls! I will so enjoy reading your blogs as you share their busy little lives. Love...

    ReplyDelete